Preview of version: 5
Registry - Messaging
The following registry settings are described here:
Change the Message List Font
1. Tahoma is the font. If you wish to use ClearType, then select another font with ClearType hinting.
2. 80 is the size of the font.
3. b indicates that the font is bold.
Save Attachments or the Whole Email on your SD Card
For Windows Mobile 6 or 6.1 only:
1. For the paths above to work, you need to create the folders priot to initiating this registry change.
2. Do not remove the storage card while you are using the Messaging application or it is running in the background or you may corrupt the attachments or the Inbox.
Remove Sent Message Popup With SMS
Default SMS Delivery Notifications to on
To always have SMS Delivery Notifications enabled:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSDelivery Notify = 1 (DWORD decimal)
To disable them (can still enable per-SMS in SMS settings):
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSDelivery Notify = 0 (DWORD decimal)
Note: The SMS Delivery Notifications are a network provider option, and the recipient may refuse to allow them to be sent out
Disable the SMS Sent notification
If you're tired of the "Message Sent" notification after sending an SMS/text message, you can disable them:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 1 (DWORD decimal)
And to re-enable:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs g = 0 (DWORD decimal)
Note: The 'Settings' key may not exist in your device, and thus may have to be created first.
Change the SMS Sent notification text
If you just want the "Message Sent" notification to read something different, adjust the following:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc\SMS\MessageSent = "Message Sent" (REGSZ string, no quotes)
Note: Microsoft, OEMs and carriers do not support end users editing the registry. If you edit the regisry you do so at your own risk!
Also see the following Wiki pages:
Specific Registry Settings
Pocket PC Talk News