Source of version: 5 (current)
Part of using a Windows Mobile device is to assess how it is used and how secure it is. The assessment must include the following:
1. What devices are used - including the version of Windows Mobile
2. What applications are installed on the device - including vendor provided applications
3. What connectivity is available - including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data and desktop passthrough
4. What version of ActiveSync - including any applications installed that use ActiveSync to transfer files
5. What are the implications if the device is lost such as customer privacy, protection of intellectual property rights, etc.
The links below will assist you with managing the security of your Windows Mobile device after you have completed the security assessment.
[http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/securityadvisories.htm|ActiveSync Security Advisories]
[http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/security.htm|Pocket PC FAQ Security FAQs]
[http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=pf&pvid=savhh|Symantec Antivirus for Handhelds]
[http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wm-security-patch.htm|Windows Mobile Security][http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/wm-security-patch.htm| and Patch Management]
Pocket PC Talk News